A beautiful park with mild weather and lots to explore, climb, and enjoy. The sandstone cliffs of Utah provide a perfect natural scenery for the beauty of the Beehive State in Snow Canyon State Park.
If you want to surprise your family with a fall trip that will have the perfect mix of adventure and nature, we have the right place. Snow Canyon State Park is one of the most popular parks in Southern Utah. Here are 4 things you should know before starting this adventure.
Frequently Asked Questions About Snow Canyon State Park in Southern Utah
Where is Snow Canyon State Park Located?
The Snow Canyon State Park is located in Southern Utah near the cities of Ivins and St. George.
It is is one of the most visited parks in Utah and it has become very popular over time for its unique sandstone cliffs colored red and white.
Snow Canyon State Park Entrance Fee
You’ll find different price options for everyone. Check the prices and start planning your next visit:
- Day-use per vehicle: $10
- Senior per vehicle: $5
- Pedestrians or Cyclist for a group of eight: $5
But if you want an annual plan, these are the prices:
- Annual Snow Canyon Desert Discover Pass(Locals Pass): $30
- Utah Annual State park*:$75
- Senior Annual State park*: $35
*This pass allows you year-round access to any Utah state park.
What to Do in Snow Canyon State Park
- Rock Climbing: Well-known for their incredible rock cliffs, you’ll find from short sport clip-ups to mixed multi-pitch routes.
- Wildlife View: With unique wildlife, you can find coyotes, kit foxes, quail and roadrunner, and sometimes tortoises and peregrine falcons.
- Sand Dune: Enjoy 13.5 acres of beautiful golden sand and beautiful sceneries, have a picnic after exploring the dunes. Your kids will love it!
- Biking: Is a very popular destination for cyclists thanks to its cliffs and dunes. The level of difficulty is easy.
- ATV Rentals: Exploring the park on some ATV rentals is a must-do activity. Many local companies offer this service.
If you go with your family, you won’t run out of fun things for you and your family to be able to do. Among the many fun and adventurous Snow Canyon activities to be discovered, you might not have time to do it all in one trip!
Snow Canyon Hikes
Snow Canyon Park, it’s probably one of the best places for hiking in Southern Utah because there are more than 20 Snow Canyon hiking trails you can do. These family trails are our favorites:
- Jenny’s Trail: It’s a family-friendly trail. Is a very short slot, located at the edge of the red cliff but fun.
- Butterfly Trail: If you want to go to West Canyon Overlook this trail is the shortest but challenger.
- Johnson Canyon Trail: A short and beautiful mix of natural spring, black lava flows, red-rock walls, cottonwood and an impressive arch near the end.
Where to Stay In Southern Utah
One of the closest resorts to this state park is Coral Canyon Resort, our family rental resort that is a 23-minute away. You can choose between our vacation rentals at Town Center or the most luxurious ones at The Eighth!
And if you are ready to book your next suite in St. George, contact us to help you!
If you want to know more activities you can do at Snow Canyon, check our website.